Food Flirt

Food, recipes, cooking, travel,

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Jacqueline is an international award winning journalist whose stories about food never fail to tantalize her reader's taste buds.

Friday, July 09, 2010

Country Girl

I've moved to Petaluma, CA, just 30 miles north of San Francisco.  It's smack dab in the middle of the Sonoma wine-growing region.  

Yes, I'm becoming a country girl!  The scenery around here is spectacular.  Rolling hills studded with vineyards, cow pastures, grazing horses and fields of vegetables and fruit trees. 





My new apartment is in a rather large complex called the Vintage Chateau.  It is quiet and has beautiful gardens all around and a wonderfully warm swimming pool and hot tub!  My apartment looks out on an interior garden and has a small balcony, two bedrooms (one is my studio/office) and a large kitchen with lots of counter space and cupboards. 




There is a large shopping mall near the apartments that has a lot of shops, grocery stores, pharmacy, banks and restaurants.  There is even a Turkish restaurant that has delicious food, exciting music and a belly dancer on the weekends.  I dined there the other night and felt like I was on holiday in Turkey!

On the 4th of July I was surprised to find out I could watch the local fireworks show from my apartment!  What a wonderful treat!

Yes, I think I'm going to like it here.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I think it's time to make a trip to CA after 30 years of absence.
Have a good time, good food (no doubt :-) and good health.

Love Jayananda Louis

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home