Food Flirt

Food, recipes, cooking, travel,

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Jacqueline is an international award winning journalist whose stories about food never fail to tantalize her reader's taste buds.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Red Tie Gala

Pasta Sauce – Peppoli Restaurant


A good friend had a ticket to the Red Tie Gala last night and couldn't go so she gave her ticket to me. The Red Tie Gala is an annual benefit for the Little Sisters of the Poor and held at Neiman Marcus, downtown San Francisco. Lucky me!

The store was packed with beautiful people, delicious food, wine, champagne, various cocktails and live music on all five levels. I joined a group of friends and we made our way through the crowds, up and down the escalators, laughing and tasting and drinking as we went along.

One of the memorable food treats was a tiny cheese filled pasta draped with an elegant sauce, compliments of Peppoli Restaurant at the Inn at Spanish Bay. Naturally I had to ask the chef for his recipe and he gladly shared it with me. I haven't tested it yet, but wanted to share it with you anyway. If you do try it, please let me know what you think.

Now, remember I was drinking champagne and scribbling on a small piece of paper so I'm not sure if I got it right, but here goes:

Saute one shallot in olive oil.
Add a minced garlic clove
Stir around until golden
Sprinkle with pepperincino
A touch of salt
Add two anchovy fillets
Stir around until anchovies are melted
Add about a cup of chopped cherry tomatoes
Stir until tomatoes are incorporated and begin to break down

Put mixture into blender and blend until smooth
Put through a sieve and pour over your favorite filled pasta, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home