Food Flirt

Food, recipes, cooking, travel,

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Jacqueline is an international award winning journalist whose stories about food never fail to tantalize her reader's taste buds.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Cookies

I’m baking cookies today. The whole place smells heavenly – sugar and butter – oh my! At the top of my cookie list are Snowballs. They have always been my children’s favorites. I remember one year, long ago, when my son Tim and his friend Ted ate so many they had to lay down for a little while.

SNOWBALLS

1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
2/1/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts (I use lightly toasted walnuts)

Mix butter, sugar and vanilla thoroughly. Measure flour by dipping method or by sifting. Stir flour and salt together; blend in. Mix in nuts. Chill dough.

Heat oven to 400° (mod. Hot). Roll dough in 1" balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet. (Cookies do not spread) Bake 10 to 12 min., or until set and lightly browned. While still warm, roll in confectioners’ sugar. Cool. Roll in sugar again. Makes about 4 dozen 1" cookies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home