Food Flirt

Food, recipes, cooking, travel,

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaluma, California, United States

Jacqueline is an international award winning journalist whose stories about food never fail to tantalize her reader's taste buds.

Sunday, June 07, 2009

This is not the Marin County Farmer's Market


The farmer's market here in Marrakech is quite different from the one in Marin County! It's full of exotic spices and piles of fresh veggies and fruits along with assorted merchants selling everything from plastic tubs, electrical wire, shoes, goats and sheep! We bought beautiful tomatoes, a sweet ripe watermellon, carrots, squash, purple onions and an assortment of other treats. It was a remarkable experience.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sliloh said...

That picture is awesome! I'd love to spend some time in that market ;)

Anita

8:25 AM  
Blogger Wine-Beer-Washington said...

I really miss wandering the markets of the world. I used to love the markets in Turkey, Greece, Thailand and Laos and other places.
So many fascinating sights, sounds and smells. I loved it!

1:47 AM  
Blogger Martha Flynn said...

Gorgeous! I wish I could smell it, too.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home